News Article: West Midlands Referral COVID-19 Update June 1st
1st June 2020
1st June 2020 Update
As lockdown eases and we start to do more “routine” work, we intend to keep certain measures in place for the foreseeable future to protect both our staff and clients, and to minimise the risk of any potential closure due to an outbreak on site.
To reduce travel/face-to-face contact, we intend to continue doing most follow up checks by email and a phone consultation where necessary.
As we work through the back log of cases, please be aware that it may be harder to book appointments with particular vets or at certain times over the coming months, and our usual time frames for booking cases may be longer. For advice on how to proceed, please contact us. Our reception phone services remain stretched; therefore, we advise contacting us by email with a short representative video and/or photo of your pet’s problem. We will aim to reply within a matter of hours. We ask that you please bear with us and thank you for your understanding.
Guidance on visiting our practice:
- Please call us if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever).We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need. If you have been self-isolating for any COVID-19 related reason and have recently visited us, please let us know as soon as possible. This is so we can implement measures to protect our staff and other clients.
- Please consult the current government guidelines to determine your personal level of risk and act accordingly. You may be categorised as at risk, shielding, quarantined, etc.
- Please limit the number of people who attend with the patient. Ideally, we’d prefer that just one person attends with each patient, and this should be someone who can handle the patient and can speak for the whole family. Where possible, we ask that all other people remain in/close to your vehicle.
- As we are not planning to open our reception area for the time being, we please ask that on arrival, you wait outside and call 01543 414248. We would also ask that you keep your line free so we can call you back.
- We will advise you of how we can safely take your pet into the practice to be examined. We are admitting cases through the exercise cages on the right-hand side off our building (as viewed from the car park at the front).
- Please remain close to your vehicle outside the practice and minimise contact with other clients. We will call you, or come out and speak to you in person, to discuss treatment plans.
- We regret that we won’t be able to allow clients to visit hospitalised patients for the time being.
We’ll endeavour to support you and your pet and thank you for your ongoing understanding in these challenging times.
Thanks for your cooperation,
West Midlands Referrals