At West Midland Referrals, we are committed to the excellent care of cats and their owners, and as a result, we have been accredited by International Cat Care (iCatCare) as a Cat Friendly Clinic at the Silver Level.
Cats are most certainly not just small dogs and have a different range of diseases to those of their canine cousins, they also have different temperaments and therefore need to be handled and treated in a different way.
We also understand that a trip to the vet can be stressful for you and for your cat. Here at West Midland Referrals, we do all we can to minimise the difficulties that cats and their owners may encounter when they come to see us. Our team are well trained and equipped to understand the needs of cats and their owners, and we have put in place feline-friendly facilities as well as ways of working, to make your visit as stress-free as possible.
Our Cat Friendly Team
- Cat-friendly receptionists, offering advice on reducing stress during travel
- Knowledgeable Vets, Nurses and Clinical Support staff who are aware of the different needs of cats
- Caring, empathetic handling of feline patients
- Feline patients handled in a quiet, stress-free environment, away from dogs
Cat Friendly Facilities
- A spacious, quiet, off-street carpark for stress-free transfer to our reception where there will be a warm welcome
- Privacy covers for cat baskets available on request
- A separate cat waiting area
- A fully appointed cat ward equipped with:
- Layout that prevents sight of other cats
- Comfortable, cosy bedding
- Variety of types of cat litter
- Cat-friendly toys
- Privacy covers for kennel doors, where needed
- Cat friendly pheromones
- Cat hiding towers
- Cat weighing scales
- Isolation ward for hospitalisation of infectious cases
- A quiet examination room for individual, private assessment of in-patients
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical facilities catering for the smaller anatomy and physiology of cats.