At West Midland Referrals, the Soft Tissue Surgery team deal with a wide range of conditions in both dogs and cats, mainly concerning the head and neck, respiratory tract (airway), chest and abdomen.
Common conditions include but are not limited to:
- Ear nose and throat: Total ear canal ablation (TECA) and bulla osteotomy, laryngeal paralysis and tracheal collapse
- Urogenital: Congenital and acquired urinary incontinence, prostatic disease and cryptorchidism
- Oncological: Both hard and soft tissue tumours (cancers) including mast cell tumour, soft tissue sarcomas and oral tumours
- Gastrointestinal: Oesophageal foreign body removal, subtotal colectomy, colorectal surgery
- Wound management and reconstruction: Local/distant skin flaps and free skin grafting
- Vascular: Portosystemic shunts (abnormal blood vessels by-passing the liver)
- Cardiothoracic: Pericardiectomy, lung lobectomy, thymectomy
- Endocrine surgery: Thyroidectomy and adrenalectomy
- Hernia/rupture surgery: Perineal hernia, diaphragmatic rupture and pericardioperitoneal diaphragmatic hernia
We offer fixed pricing for complete peace of mind, and referral is easy.
Are you a vet and looking to refer your patient to us? Complete our online referral form here.
If you are unable to see the surgery you are looking for or would like to refer to us please call 01543 414248